Thursday 21 August 2014

Festival Essentials - What to Wear and What to Pack!

I've been such a busy bee trying to figure out how photoshop works that my festival post is late! But better late than never and now that the Festival Season is still in the swing of things  I thought I would put together the essential items on the MUST PACK list and to give you an insight on what is going to be bang-on-trend this festival season!

Now i've been to a few festivals in my time, so I have a good experience of knowing what to pack in my rucksack.. the more festivals you go to, the more you realise what you should've packed in the first place.

So here are my top beauty essentials

Baby Wipes - There is nothing worse than queuing up for hours for the showers at festivals and missing all of the bands you came to watch, just take some baby wipes, freshen yourself up and you're good to go!

Dry Shampoo - I cannot stress this enough ladies and gents! There is nothing worse than having a grease-ball on top of your head, especially when you know you'll be taking lots of selfies, nobody wants to have a greasy selfie!

Toothpaste and Toothbrush - Gotta keep those Nashers fresh and clean!

Deodorant - Absolute must!!! This could be a serious hazard if forgotten, hot climates, crowds of people, lots of dancing... see where i'm going with this?

Concealor - It's always nice to wear less make-up at festivals and go for the more natural summer look, but I always pack my concealor just to freshen up the eyes and cover up any scars/spots.

Suncream - One of the highest factors! Don't do a Me and think that factor 8 suncream is going to protect you, because it won't! You will end up having triangles on your chest, panda eyes and a very sore head if you go any lower than factor 15. We may live in England, but that sun can do some damage, don't under-estimate it! :)

Mirror - Believe it or not, the first ever festival I went to, I forgot to take a mirror.. When you're stuck in a field for 3-5 days you realise how much you miss having a mirror around. 

Hair brush - It may seem obvious, but trust me when you're packing you tend to forget the things you use everyday..

Moisturiser - You could probably get away with using suncream for the weekend, but I would recommend taking a night cream so you look fresh-as-a-daisy in the morning.


Now what to wear wise... My moto when dressing for festivals is to push the boundaries, have fun with colours, but also make sure what you're going to wear is practical and comfortable, as don't forget you're going to be in the middle of nowhere, with limited clothes to choose from.

There are no rules and regulations at festivals, when it comes to what you can wear, so why not take advantage? :) 

Here are a few outfits I've put together to give you some inspiration!

















No comments:

Post a Comment